· (85%) Operations: To provide operations support for set departures, groups and custom trips: Review itineraries prepared by sales, recommend changes as need be. Communicate with sales and Operations Manager about services booked if needed. Confirm and coordinate all ground services for itineraries: including guides, transport, hospitality and tours. Once reservations are confirmed, create operational documents, manage trip preparation and communication with scheduled guides to ensure they have all info required prior to trip. Manage the trip as it is executed and serve as primary in country contact for clients while they are on trips and resolve any customer service issues in the field. UPSELL: Offer and provide additional services as needed. Provide Sales and Operations Manager with post trip report for trouble shooting. Provide accounting with trip expense reports and receipts as needed.
· (15%) Relationship Management: To work closely with sales and operations in a communicative way that ensure smooth team relationships. To identify and maintain an active roster of high quality professional guides/suppliers throughout Costa Rica. To maintain relationships and solicit new net contracts with vendors, including hotels, vehicle rental, guides, equipment rental, other operators, other related service providers throughout Costa Rica.
Internal: Journey Costa Rica.
External: Clients , Travel Agents, Vendors, Guides and JCR Partners.
Qualification and/or Experience
· Minimum 3-5 years experience in travel industry in a customer service role such as with a DMC, Guiding or in Tour Operation.
· First hand knowledge of Mexico required.
· Experience leading/operating tours in Costa Rica.
Education And/or Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree (Recommended).
· Previous DMC/Tour Operator experience.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· High level of customer service experience required.
· Strong writing skills.
· Strong computer skills.
· Ability to read, write and speak Spanish and English fluently.
· French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, and / or other 3rd language preferred.
· Use of good judgment and own initiative.
· Logical thought process.
· Ability to gauge pricing using company guidelines and personal judgment/experience.
Other Skills And Abilities
· Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to handle everyday situations quickly and effectively with a Professional attitude and demeanor.
· Ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
· Able to prioritize, organize and to meet multiple deadlines.
· Strong administrative and organization skills.
· Detail oriented.
· Computer literate, Tourplan Database, Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Access, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and internet.
· Flexible and innovative.
· Self motivated with ability to handle the excitement of a fast paced start-up company, entrepreneurial spirit is a definite asset.
· Desire to work to achieve agreed goals and objectives.
· Must be able to communicate information and ideas clearly.
· Commitment to help build market leader in Adventure/Educational/Luxury tourism in Mexico.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.